The RxCelerate group provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes and project management for our clients from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies.
We are currently looking to recruit an IT Systems Manager to support and further develop the IT strategy for the wider company as well as working with our growing team of computational scientists.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we scale up to support our growing global footprint and client base. Our numerous success stories speak for themselves as we have become the drug developer of choice for many of the UK’s top venture backed biotech start-ups.
This role will provide a core service supporting and enhancing the IT systems and infrastructure of the company. The candidate will also support the work of our computational, regulatory and operational teams and lead the management of the physical servers, systems and software for the company. The ability to prioritise work and deliver within a dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
- To ensure the network infrastructure, servers and all computing facilities are maintained, up to date and secure
- To establish an electronic archive for safe and secure long-term storage of data
- To develop a strategy for archiving, backup and disaster recovery systems for all data
- Plan, test and implement system and software enhancements including system validation where necessary
- To provide IT support to the wider team
- Diagnose and provide solutions to recurring problems that require special attention
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies
- Uphold the Company’s policy on quality standards, contribute to strategic planning, monitor and ensure compliance
- Have the proven ability to liaise with and direct third-party IT providers
- BSc/MSc in Computer/Information Science or equivalent experience with ideally 3 years’ experience in a corporate setting
- Significant hands-on experience of working in a Windows Server Environment and to hold appropriate Microsoft and/or other certifications/accreditations
- Experience in firewall, VPN and security management
- Experience of working with a variety of operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS and Linux
- Previous experience of working in an SME in the life sciences field is desirable
- Familiar with the principles of change control and change management particularly in a regulatory setting
- Strong oral communication skills, project management skills and proven ability to work as part of a team
This is a full-time role. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address. Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.