From gravity to computers, evolution to pulsars, for 800 years the University of Cambridge has helped brilliant minds collaborate and create.
An opportunity has become available at University Information Services (UIS), for a Content Designer with a background in the design of digital products and services.
You will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's ~60,000 students and staff.
Your work will be varied and unique, including improving the experience of prospective students applying to Cambridge and work on a programme to transform the experience of engaging with the University on its digital platforms, ensuring it reflects the values of excellence our reputation is built on.
You'll get the chance to collaborate and interact with some of the finest minds in the world, sharing data, insight and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the University's success.
This is a permanent role, usually based on the University's West Cambridge Site. However, currently you will be expected to work remotely.
As a Content Designer you will:
* Make user journeys the best they can be and choose the best format for displaying information to the user.
* Scope, write and edit content so it is relevant, understandable and accessible.
* Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate.
* Communicate findings to the team and the wider organisation, helping develop empathy for our users and inform evidence-based decisions
* Help University institutions adopt and apply new standards to their digital output through training, communications and hands-on support.
Are you the right candidate?
* Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
* Extensive experience of writing for online environments, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
* Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content.
* Experience of working from start to finish of Agile projects, ideally to Government Digital Service standards
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/26516.
Please quote reference VC23672 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.